Ten Things I Hate About Liberals
Ten Things I Hate About Liberals
By: Charles Robertson, Co-founder of Broward Tea Party
Liberal – “Somebody who wants you to be free as long as you choose from the approved list of freedoms, then fill out the corresponding paperwork and pay the appropriate fee.”
I should have known better since I’ve made this same mistake time and time again. It was a dinner party at my house which included one of my ultra-liberal friends. Countless times my friend and I have engaged in heated discussions over politics, yet once again I went plunging headfirst as though now, finally I might enlighten her. I would’ve had better luck talking to the drywall; at least the drywall would absorb the sound. In her case, my voice waves simply bounced off her hard head because she didn’t want to hear what I had to say. Verifiable facts are hard to deal with when they conflict with your ideology. The whole ordeal reminded me of the many things I hate about Liberals. For the sake of brevity, I’ll only list my top 10.
- If you don’t like the message attack the messenger. Sarah Palin is the best example of a smear strategy because she continues to be the target of liberal-mud-slingers. Instead of honest debate over important issues, liberals resort to their time tested #1 slur – “you’re stupid”. The leftist media minions lie in wait for that “gotcha” moment when they pounce with a fervor that exposes their biased agenda. Remember Dan Quayle? Then there was Joe the Plumber who asked one pointed important question, one the media should have been asking, and what was the result? He immediately came under fire, an attempt to deflect and diminish the real issue – “why did Barack Obama want to redistribute the wealth, and was that fair?” The bottom line here is, Conservatives debate with facts and Liberals deal in the politics of personal destruction.
- Facts are lost on Liberals. Liberals actually believe that liberal policies help the needy despite evidence to the contrary. When you point out the facts, they’ll dismiss them, challenge the source and put their hands over their ears chanting, “I can’t hear you, I can’t hear you.” OK, maybe they don’t do the latter but they may as well for all the consideration they give to the other side. Liberals are emotional. Conservatives are rational. If you point to the unsustainable increasing national debt, Liberals will simply point to some poor victim claiming the greedy Republicans don’t care. To that, I say as Jesus pointed out, “The poor will always be among us”…just like fact-avoiding Liberals in denial.
- They’re never satisfied. The United States spends more money educating our students than any other developed nation, according to a recent report by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Despite that fact, the United States ranked 31st in math and 23rd in science among 15-year-old students on the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA). This supports the argument that higher spending does not equal higher test scores. Federal education spending per pupil has nearly tripled since 1970 in real, inflation adjusted dollars — but achievement has barely budged. So how do liberals react to this poor performance? They cry for more money! Like a parrot that only says “Hello”, Liberals can only say “more money”. The reality is, we could spend billions more and they would still want more. They are a black hole of need which will never be satisfied.
- Their means justify their ends. In their pursuit for a progressive utopian society, Liberals will gladly rely on dirty tricks, lies, and deceit while simultaneously claiming the moral high ground. In August 2008, Tom Mattzie, a former director of the George Soros-sponsored MoveOn.org., proudly declared in the New York Times a witch hunt against anyone donating to Republicans. Mattzie declared he would send “warning” letters to the top 10,000 GOP givers “hoping to create a chilling effect that will dry up contributions”. Political warfare has escalated, masked behind a media supported marketing strategy of divert, deny, and attack. Liberal hypocrites, who heralded a new level of transparency to change the way business is conducted in Washington, have only increased the flow of sewage spewing from the Democratic Party.
- Class warfare. Divide and conquer is the longstanding liberal strategy in play. In Liberal Land, every reference to Republicans is preceded by the word “greedy”. The wealthy are convenient targets, used to stoke the flames of resentment. It’s an effective means to recruit a growing number who feel both victimized and entitled. I’ve yet to meet a Liberal who didn’t have a story about some poor victim suffering at the hand of a heartless Republican policy. Let me pause here while I wipe away a tear. The top 1% are condemned. Let’s face a fact here; Liberals claim to want the 1% to pay their “fair share” (translation: mafia style extortion). We’ve done the math, which shows that even if we confiscated the entire wealth of the top 1%, it would barely make a dent in our national debt. The truth is, Liberals want and need the 1% as their scapegoat for failed liberal policies. They need a bad guy to rally the clueless and secure their votes.
6. An inconvenient document – our Constitution. I heard Liberals have rewritten history. Our Founding Fathers were racist, sexist, misguided authors who crafted an imperfect Constitution requiring liberal translation to function properly. This document was not a foundation for democracy but rather a “living, breathing document”. If you listen carefully, you’ll hear a wheezing sound emanating from Washington D.C. That’s the sound of our Constitution gasping for breath after taking countless hits. What type of abuse you ask? Well it’s been attacked, ignored, circumvented, twisted, ridiculed, and devalued. If it were a child, it would be in protective custody. A recent op-ed by Louis Michael Seidman, a professor of constitutional law at Georgetown University, actually advocated that we give up this “vile” thing called the Constitution. God bless the Tea Party and other true conservatives who proudly defend our Constitution from liberals, who are no longer afraid to publicly bash the fundamentals that guided our great nation.
- Anger Management. One of the easiest ways to separate Liberals from Conservatives is their demeanor. Am I the only one who feels the more liberal someone is, the more they’re close-minded, aggressive, combative, obnoxious, rude, pretentious, obtuse, and don’t forget racist. If you’d prefer a visual comparison, just look at any Tea Party Rally versus the Occupy Wall Street chaos. At social events, Liberals, who never heed the advice to avoid politics and religion, jump at the chance to hold court as they stand on their soapbox pontificating and attacking. They’re evangelical in spreading their message which is ironic considering how much contempt they hold for true Evangelicals; my advice…avoid these people like they have head lice.
- Liberals co-op language. Dr. Grace Vuoto summarized it best: “Once we recognize that the liberal revolution always begins with words, we are armed to counter it. Hence, notice that killing babies in the womb is called “choice”; redistributing wealth is called “equality”; natural fluctuations in the earth’s atmosphere is called “climate change”; debauchery is sanitized as “addiction” or sanctioned as “partying”; propaganda or indoctrination is called “sensitivity training”; thought and speech control is called “political correctness”; illegal immigrants are “undocumented workers”; and corrupting the youth is called “sex education.” In addition, racism which means believing in the biological inferiority of ethnic groups is bandied about so frequently that even patriotism—national pride—is labeled “racist.” This is the ultimate in collective self-flagellation as liberals ultimately seek to destroy all ties that bind humans together organically, in preference for the controlling power of an impersonal bureaucracy.”
- Closet Liberals. Like the KKK (founded by Democrats) members, who hide behind masks, most Liberals downplay their liberalism to appear more main-stream. This is an effort to distance themselves from the unabashed Liberals who burn our flag, ban our Pledge, betray our allies and root for our enemies at every turn. This is the dark side, the team that booed God at the 2012 Democratic National Convention. While some will claim this was merely the fringe extremist portion of the Democrat Party, you’ll never hear Liberals denounce their own. You also never heard that the 5 most recent mass murder shootings in America were carried out by progressive liberal Democrats. Check the facts about the shooters at Fort Hood, Columbine, Virginia Tech, the Colorado movie-theater, and Newtown. Liberals argue that guns are the problem, so let’s ban all Liberals from owning guns. Is it any wonder why so many Liberals are closet Liberals… if only we could lock that closet.
10. Liberal Logic, the definition of oxymoron. One of the most frustrating aspects in dealing with Liberals is trying to follow their logic. Don’t try, your head will explode. Compare with conservatives: When arguing a point, your average conservative mind compiles evidence from credible, verifiable sources, building logical supporting arguments. Liberals on the contrary, start with a conviction, accept whatever nonsense is aligned with their point then tie together unrelated points, including the victim story to support their conclusion. Look up Liberal Logic 101 for amusing examples. The following are some of my favorite examples from Conservapedia:
- No matter what happens in the weather, global-warming must have caused it.
- If a crime is committed against a member of a predominantly Democrat group, then it’s a hate crime; if committed against a member of a mostly Republican group, then it is not.
• Claiming that increasing taxes must increase government revenue, when often people just work less and revenues decline.
• Failing to respect and sometimes utterly disrespecting (such as in flag desecration) the United States of America in general, they
continue their residency and actively demand the benefits and liberties that come with being a citizen.
Cherry-picking Democracy: Liberals will laud the wisdom of the people when democracy produces a liberal result,
but when it produces a conservative result, liberals will complain about Mobocracy and demand judicial activism.
Feel free to add your own examples to the list. I’ll include your comments in the next blog.
Send your comments via email to: info@theBrowardTeaParty.com
We also welcome donations on our website: www.theBrowardTeaParty.com
Broward Tea Party is currently trying to raise funds for a billboard that will totally aggravate Liberals.
Please join in the fun and send us your ideas.